In this webinar Joshua Underwood discusses and demonstrates some opportunities and issues related to using voice-recognition and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to support English language learning and teaching, including voice-search, Siri, Google Assistant and Amazon's Alexa.
The key points covered include ways of using voice interaction with AI to motivate speaking and projects and develop life skills and critical thinking for the near future.
Watch a recording of the webinar below
About the speaker
Josh Underwood is a teacher and teacher trainer as well as an EdTech design researcher. He is the co-editor of Handbook Design in EdTech (Routledge) and the co-author of AIED review, acknowledged in Intelligence Unleashed: An argument for AI in Education (Pearson).
TeachingEnglish webinars - important information, please read
- Our webinars take place online in Adobe Connect and they are free and accesible to anyone. You do not need any special equipment to watch the webinars apart from a computer with the audio on.
- If you have never attended a TeachingEnglish webinar before, you may need to create a password. You will need to register with a valid email address. Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation email. Keep this email safe - it contains the URL to join the webinar.
- If you have previously registered for a TeachingEnglish webinar, you will already have a password. Log in with your email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it.
- All TeachingEnglish webinars are recorded and available to watch on demand between 24 and 48 hours after the live webinar has ended.
- Certificates of attendance are available for all attendees. The link to obtain your certificate is provided at the end of the webinar, in the thank you for attending email and at the end of the feedback survey. You should type your name on the certificate and download it.